Students have access to and are encouraged to utilize our studios, performance and rehearsal spaces, library, production facilities and numerous instruments to learn, practice and master their craft.
Campus performance venues, facilities and related resources include:
Bart Luedeke Center (BLC) Theater
The BLC Theater is one of our two primary performance spaces. This 340-seat proscenium theater with its fly system and sprung dance floor is home to our Dance program presentations and musical theater productions with emphasis upon choreography as well as other productions and guest speaker events.
The Yvonne Theater
Also a primary performance space, this 450 seat proscenium-style theater with its orchestra pit and steep, arena style seating, is commonly used for opera and musical theater productions with emphasis upon orchestration vocal performance. This space is also frequently used for university signature events.
Located near the Yvonne theater, this 90 seat thrust-style studio space is among our most commonly used spaces for performance related classes and intimate productions.
- 38 practice rooms
- 6 performing spaces
- 7 music classrooms with full teaching technology and pianos (5 with grand pianos)
- 3 music computing labs
- 3 dance studios
- 2 digital game and interactive media design labs
- 1 Presser Voice Lab
- Costume Shop: cutting, stitching and fitting rooms
- Two scene-shops and painting studios
- Lighting and Audio/Video facilities
- Design studio
- State-of-the-art recording studios, editing rooms and equipment in the recently renovated Fine Arts building
- Presser Bell Choir Rehearsal Room
- Instrumental Ensemble Rehearsal Room
- Talbott Library, which contains more than 67,000 books, music scores and periodicals, and 80,000 titles in its choral reference collection