The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program at Rider University is a comprehensive academic support program designed to increase the performance, retention and graduation rates of primarily first-generation college students.
The SSS Program tailors its services by considering the academic background, educational and personal goals, and skill development needs of all participants.
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about the program benefits, eligibility and application.
- Facilitate students' transition and integration into the academic and social environment
- Enhance students' academic performance
- Empower students with skills that enable them to meet their educational, personal, and career goals
- Foster personal growth and independence
Designed to enhance each participant’s overall college experience, SSS provides resources to help students reach their full potential while at Rider. Highlighted below are some of the services available to all SSS participants. All services are provided at no cost to selected students.
- Orientation activities for first-year and transfer students
- Assistance with courses, academic plans, and financial concerns
- Routine assessments of students' needs, goals, skills, and study habits
- Newsletter to inform students of Program events, and to provide tips to enhance their college experience
Academic and Non-Academic Resources:
- Year-round access to the Program's resource room containing a computer for student use
- Pamphlets and other materials containing information on careers and job search skills, graduate school requirements, admissions, and practice exams and more.
Personal Mentoring and Support
- Personal counseling to assist students with non-academic issues that may impact their college experience
Graduate School and Career Planning
- Graduate and professional school preparation inclusive of résumé writing workshops, graduate school practice exams, recommendation letters, personal statements, mock interviews and video prep-sessions
- Graduate school test prep (practice exams, study guides and materials)
- Recommendation letters and references for jobs and graduate/professional school
- Advice and guidance with educational and career issues
- SSS sponsored events and activities are designed to enrich students both socially and culturally (i.e.: leadership and development workshops, conferences, trips to museums and/or complimentary tickets to plays or musicals)
- Workshops and support groups that address the needs and interests of students.
- An annual awards ceremony to honor student achievements and graduating seniors
Who Should Apply:
Eligible students must have a need for academic support and also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be first-generation college students (neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree).
- Meet the current federal low-income standards regulated by the Federal TRIO Programs and documented in this chart
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
How To Apply:
SSS applications are accepted on a rolling basis from Rider freshmen, sophomore or junior students. Applications can be completed using the form below or picked up from our office during business hours. For processing purposes and acceptance into the program, completed SSS applications must be accompanied by the parent's/guardian's IRS 1040 tax form (or that of the student, if he or she is independent).
Academic Annex, Room 17
2083 Lawrenceville Rd.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Monday - Friday