All paper accepted: Staples, rubber bands, folders, paper clips, etc. do not need to be removed before shredding occurs. Items to be shredded are confidential paperwork, CD's, disks, x-rays and paperwork that contains private information.
Shredding at Rider University secure, confidential, and reliable. We are FACTA compliant (Fair & Accurate Credit Transaction Act).
2021 Shredding Schedule
- January 13, 2021
- February 10, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- April 7, 2021
- May 5, 2021
- June 2, 2021
- June 30, 2021
- July 28, 2021
- August 25, 2021
- September 22, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 15, 2021
Shredding Container Locations
- WCC Mailroom
- Alumni Gym
- BLC -Bursar
- BLC - Cash Management
- BLC - Cashier
- BLC - Financial Services
- BLC - Residence Life
- Fine Arts - Registrar
- General Services Building - Facilities
- Library - Disbursement
- Canastra Health and Sports Center
- Memorial - Graduate Education
- Poyda - Health Center
- Student Recreation Center
- Sweigart - 2nd Floor, Dean's Suite
- Van Cleve House
- Zoerner House
- If you are in need of boxes to pack up the shredding, they can be ordered through WB Mason #UNV95223.
- If you have a large project that needs to be shredded, place the material in a box, seal shut with packing tape and label "SHREDDING". Submit a work order and the shredding will be picked up and stored until the next scheduled shredding date.
- Shredding is retrieved every four weeks. On-site document destruction is performed on location at Rider University.
- Staples, rubber bands, folders, paper clips, etc. do not need to be removed before shredding occurs.
- Items to be shredded are confidential paperwork, CD's, disks, x-rays and paperwork that contains private information.
- Environmentally friendly, all paper shredded is recycled.
- Westminster Choir College shredding needs should follow the procedure above; as if you have a large project to be shredded.
Call Facilities Management for further information, 609-896-5080.
Space Heater Policy
A new policy for space heater usage at Rider University will be instituted on Dec. 1, 2020. Anyone who wishes to use or continue using a space heater must initiate a work request with Facilities Management that identifies the location where the space heater is intended to be used. Initiate or generate a SchoolDude work request to have a current space heater inspected for approval. The request should identify the specific location the space heater is intended to be used. Once approved, Facilities will provide a label to be affixed to the space heater. As a reminder, space heaters shall be plugged directly into a wall outlet (not plugged into a surge protector or power strip). After Jan. 1, 2021, any space heaters that have not been inspected by facilities and labeled will be removed to comply with the new policy. If you have questions about the new policy, please contact Facilities Management at ext. 5080.