GBWLC Mentors use their professional expertise to guide our student proteges. Mentors are connected to a student protege with whom they stay connected throughout the school year. In the past, mentors and proteges have attended workshops and events together or arranged to meet in-person on campus, at your workplace, or at another location. When in-person meetings are not feasible, Zoom and telephone meetings are recommended. Mentors volunteer to lead workshops on professional development and can become involved in other campus events and initiatives. Mentoring also allows you to stay connected to other mentors, a unique community that believes in and supports women’s leadership. Most of all, mentoring is fun, provides a way to share your experience, and is rewarding. Join us as a mentor today!
To confirm your interest in mentoring for the upcoming academic year, please take the time to complete the mentor application form below.
Mentor participant requirements:
- Ten years since graduating, however, 5+ will be considered based on the caliber of professional/personal life experiences.
- A minimum of six contacts (via email, phone, Skype, text or Zoom) from October to the end of April.
- Be willing to listen to the protégé’s questions and concerns and share thoughts, guidance and perspective regarding life beyond Rider.
- Provide guidance and assist with goal setting.
- Attendance at one Women’s Council signature event.
- Attendance at as many of the protégé workshops as schedules will permit, including the retreat and wrap-up events. Complete an interim and final assessment.
Upcoming Events & Programs
GBWLC Mentors are invited to attend the GBWLC Retreat (in September), Saturday workshops, and our Signature Events. Mentors can also arrange to meet with their student proteges on Rider’s campus. Insert link to Upcoming Events & Programs
For more Information, please complete the mentor information form or contact Pamela Mingle at 609-896-7725 or [email protected].