The primary resource for searching and applying for federal grants is through the website Grants.gov.
All discretionary grant opportunities from a total of 26 grant-making federal agencies are posted on Grants.gov. The database of open grant opportunities is searchable by key word or by federal agency. If you are interested in a particular federal agency, please visit the "Tips and Resources from Grantors" page on Grants.gov for more agency-specific information.
Additionally, most federal and state agencies maintain a web presence for their funding opportunities and grants policies. The resources listed below include links to funding opportunities and databases maintained by federal and state agencies as well a Grant Proposal Guides and other resources to assist you in crafting your proposal.
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Education
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- State of New Jersey Main Grant Webpage
- New Jersey State Council for the Arts
- New Jersey Department of Education Grants
- New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
- New Jersey Higher Education Grants
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services Grants
- New Jersey Council for the Humanities
Federal Grant Proposal Guides and other Reference Materials
- National Science Foundation, Grant Proposal Guide
- National Institute of Health, Grant Writing Tip Sheet
- National Aeronautic and Space Administration, Guidebook for Proposers
For assistance with governmental grants, please contact: Cathlene Leary-Elderkin in the Teaching and Learning Center at [email protected] or 609-896-5000, Ext. 7257.