Grants Alert: National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipends
The National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipends support individuals pursuing advanced research that is of value to humanities scholars, general audiences, or both. Recipients usually produce articles, monographs, books, digital materials, archaeological site reports, translations, editions, or other scholarly resources. Summer Stipends support continuous full-time work on a humanities project for a period of two consecutive months and support projects at any stage of development. Summer Stipends are awarded to individual scholars. Scholars must be nominated by their institution; up to two scholars per institution may be submitted for consideration.
Summer Stipend Priorities*
“A More Perfect Union”: Exploring America's Story and Commemorating its 250th Anniversary
*Priorities are defined on page 2 of the Request for Proposals
Deadline for Internal Nomination Submission: 5:00 p.m. EST September 6, 2023
Deadline for Submission to Grants.gov: 11:59 p.m. EST September 20, 2023
Nomination Process for Rider University: Please visit the Eligibility section of the Request for Proposals to ensure you are eligible for nomination.
Those interested in and eligible for applying for nomination must:
- Register as an individual account holder with Grants.gov. This step can take up to two weeks, so get started early.
- Complete the grant narrative in the format prescribed in the NEH Request for Proposal.
- Send your narrative to [email protected] (Cathlene Leary-Elderkin, Associate Director for Grants Development and Science Literacy) by 5:00 p.m. on September 6, 2023.
- The Rider Nominating Committee led by Dean Kelly Bidle will review all narratives, select nominated proposals, and communicate nomination status to all applicants no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 11, 2023.
- Nominated faculty submit completed application through Grants.gov. Rider University’s Nominating Official, Dr. DonnaJean Fredeen, will confirm the status of nominated faculty with the NEH, per the Request for Proposals.
Key Steps for those who are nominated:
- Complete your Application Packet in Grants.gov and upload by 11:59 p.m. EST on September 20, 2023
- Confirm your letters of recommendation (submitted online no later than October 13, 2023)
Questions for a Rider Grants Officer? Contact Cathlene Leary-Elderkin, Associate Director for Grants Development and Science Literacy at [email protected] or 609-896-5000 ext. 7257
Questions for a NEH Program Officer? Contact [email protected] or 202-606-8200.
Visit the NEH Website to view FAQ and Sample Proposals