Recent Publications by SELECT
- Preparing to teach in the “Next Generation” science classroom: insights from classroom practitioners (NJEA Review, 2014)
- Preparing for the Next Generation Science Standards Through a K-16 Collaboration: Insight from District Administrators (Educational Viewpoints, 2014)
SELECT Library Resources
The Teaching and Learning Center maintains a Rider SELECT lending library of books, workbooks, and videos geared toward inquiry-based teaching and learning, literacy in math and science, and cognitive research. The collection is located in the Faculty Lounge in the Bristol-Myers Squibb Center for Science Teaching and Learning (BMS CSTL, 3rd floor of the Science & Technology building). To borrow an item, please come to the BMS CSTL reception desk (9 AM – 3:30 PM) and sign it out. After hours, please use the sign out sheet on the library shelf.
You can access the collection online. Items in the collection are cataloged in an online data base called LibraryThing, a library-quality catalog, which enables you to view and search the collection, read comments and reviews, and connect with people who read the same things. You can also make requests or recommendations for acquisitions.
To view all books in the TLC Resource Library, or to search for a book:
- Go to LibraryThing
- Fill in the user name: RiderSELECT (case sensitive; all one word)
- Fill in the password: 8965333 (the TLC phone number)
- To see a list of all books in the TLC Resource Library: Click the "Your Books" tab at the top of the page.
- To search for a book: Use the "Search Your Books" function.
We are grateful to the following donors whose grants have funded many of the items in the collection: Johnson & Johnson and the NJ Commission on Higher Education.