Rider University Student Emergency Relief Fund
The University is keenly aware of the financial impact of COVID-19 on many Rider students. Recognizing that unexpected financial burdens can have devastating impacts on student success, the Rider Student Emergency Relief Fund aims to provide economic support to help bridge students’ most critical needs.
How to apply
To apply for emergency relief, Rider University students should complete the online form on this page. A parent/guardian, faculty or staff member may complete the form on behalf of the student if the student has consented to the request being submitted. In most cases, however, it is preferable to have the student complete and submit the application.
Applications will be evaluated individually based on the eligibility requirements listed below. By submitting the form, you certify that the information is accurate and you will use Student Emergency Relief Funds only for the purposes specified.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Rider University.
- Applicants must demonstrate serious financial hardship. This hardship must have a direct impact on the student's academic success at the University.
- Resources, including potential financial assistance from the Student Financial Services, must have been considered and either insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner in order to be eligible.
- Applicants must complete the application and submit supporting documentation.
Resources and materials the Student Emergency Relief may assist with:
- Books, lab fees, and materials necessary for class
- Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family (parent, grandparent, sibling, spouse, or children)
- Emergency assistance related to living expenses
- Medical bills not covered by insurance
- Loss of income or housing
- Recovery from illness or accident
- Emergency meal money
- Emergency car repair
- Emergency travel needs
- Unexpected costs brought about by the COVID-19 situation
- Assistance with securing an Internet hotspot to access remote instruction.
e-Refund direct deposit
If your application is approved, you should receive the relief funds through e-Refund within 7-10 business days. To setup an e-Refund profile, students must complete the following steps below:
- Log onto your MyRider portal.
- Click on the “Student” tab.
- On the right side of the page, under “Student Finances”, click the iPay link.
- Select the “Refunds” tab located on the top of the page.
- Once you are directed to iPay, select “Refund Account Setup” from the center of the page. Click “Set Up Account” and follow the directions to set up your e-Refund account.
If an e-Refund account is not set up, the payment will automatically be mailed to the home address listed in your account.
Please contact [email protected] with questions about the Student Emergency Fund or would like assistance with completing your application.