Process for issuing room and board credits/refunds

A letter from Vice President of Enrollment Management Drew C. Aromando

Dear Students,

I am writing to update you on the process for issuing prorated credits and/or refunds to students who were billed room and board charges for the spring 2020 semester and who did not remain on campus during the spring semester remote learning period. 

The University will issue prorated credits and/or refunds for housing and meal plans for the period of March 23, the first day after the originally scheduled spring break, through Tuesday, May 12, the last day of the spring semester. Credits will first be applied against any past due student account balances for tuition and fees, etc. Students who received scholarship aid from Rider University for room and board will not be eligible for a refund.

Graduating students with a remaining credit balance will receive a refund for the prorated room and board via e-Refund or a mailed check. No further action is necessary.

Returning students with a remaining credit balance may choose to apply the credit to any future University costs or request a refund in the form of an e-Refund or mailed check. To apply your credit to future University costs, no action is necessary. To request a refund once a balance is posted to your account, email One Stop Services at [email protected]

Personal Bronc Bucks purchased outside of a meal plan will carry over for returning students and will be refunded for graduating students. Commuter meal plan credits and/or refunds will be based on any unused portion. 

To expedite this process, we strongly encourage you to set up your e-Refund profile via the MyRider portal. Directions on how to enroll in e-Refunds can be found here. This will ensure you receive your refund faster and more securely. 

We expect the room and board credits to be applied to student accounts on MyRider on April 30 and refund processing will begin on or around May 7.

We have been humbled by the number of families who have inquired if room and board credits or refunds can be donated to deserving students. The answer is yes; however, to do so, a student or family must first request a refund and then make a subsequent donation to the University for its greatest needs. Further information regarding this process will be forthcoming from our Advancement Division.

If you have additional questions, please contact One Stop Services at [email protected] or 609-896-5630. We have also included a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our coronavirus website. 

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this process. We hope this information will provide some level of comfort to you and your families.


Drew C. Aromando
Vice President of Enrollment Management