You will be shocked to learn who has performed at Rider over the years
Each September, students anxiously wait to hear who will perform at Rider's annual fall concert. This year, students recently found out that A Boogie wit da Hoodie will perform on Sept. 20 in the Student Recreation Center.
A Boogie is only the latest in Rider's long history of bringing successful artists to campus. Some of the most iconic performers in music history have performed in front of audiences at Rider.
A current display in the Moore Library lobby, "Rockin' at Rider," captures the breadth of performances that have taken place at Rider over the years. This partial list represents some of the highlights from each decade, beginning with the 1960s.
- The Beach Boys, May 1966
- Simon and Garfunkel, October 1966
- Peter, Paul and Mary, February 1967
- Smokey Robinson, April 1967
- Janis Joplin, November 1969
- Chicago, May 1970
- Billy Joel, October 1976 and December 1977
- Boston, February 1977
- Jerry Garcia Band, November 1981
- The Clash, April 1984
- Meatloaf, March 1988
- The Go-Gos, November 1990
- Jon Bon Jovi, September 1997
- The Violent Femmes, October 1998
- Destiny’s Child, 2000
- 3 Doors Down, 2001
- Ludacris, 2002
- The Roots, April 2004
- Gin Blossoms, 2006
- Sean Kingston, October 2009
- Jason DeRulo, October 2010
- Magic!, September 2014
- Big Sean, October 2015
- Travis Scott, October 2016
- ASAP Ferg, October 2017
A Boogie will soon enter this pantheon of artists who have performed Rider. For more information about tickets to this year's fall concert, please visit facebook.com/RiderUniversitySEC.
Photos courtesy of Riderana, the University's archive; the Rider University Libaries' digital collections; and University photographer Peter G. Borg