Sweigart Hall 364
2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Doctor of Public Health, 2014, Columbia University, Sociomedical Sciences
- Master of Public Health, 1992, City University of New York - Hunter College, Community Health
- Bachelor's of Arts, 1988, Dickinson College, International Studies, Political Science
Areas of Focus
Population health, epidemiology, health assessments and outcomes for communities, health inequality and socioeconomic determinants of health, and quality outcome and improvement tools for health delivery organizations
- Dissertation: Social Capital and Health: a Multidimensional Approach. Examined social capital in poor communities and issues of differential access to resources and its impact on maternal smoking and alcohol use.
- Wallace, R. and McCarthy, K. (2007). The unstable public-health ecology of the New York Metropolitan Region: Implications for accelerated national spread of emerging infection. Environment and Planning A, 39:5, 1181-1192.
- Adaptation of immigrant children in the United States: A review of the literature. Center for Research on Child Wellbeing, Princeton University Working Paper #98-03.