Dr. Dunne has been a member of the Rider Community since 1989. She teaches introductory and advanced accounting classes.
Dunne is a recipient of several Rider University Summer Research Fellowships. Her research interests are in mergers and acquisitions and goodwill accounting. Dunne’s work has appeared in the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, the Journal of International Business Studies, Advances in Accounting, the Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, the Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives and the Journal of Business and Management.
Dunne is a member of the American Accounting Association and the International Accounting Section of AAA.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1988, Temple University, Accounting, Strategic Management
- Master of Science, 1972, State University College at Buffalo, Student Personnel Services
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1971, State University of New York at Buffalo, Philosophy
- Sanchez, M.H. & Dunne, K. (in press, 2016). An Empire Built on a Lie – The Peregrine Fraud: A Case Study on Confirmations as Audit Evidence. Review of Business and Finance Studies.
- Meric, I., Dunne, K., Meric, G., & Smeltz, W. (2013). A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of German and French Manufacturing Firms. Accounting and Finance Research.
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Sanchez, M., Prober, L.M., & Dunne, K. (2016, August). Sustainability and Triple Bottom Line Accounting. American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, New York, NY.
- Sanchez, M., O’Reilly-Allen, M., & Dunne, K. (2016, August). Effective Delivery of Online MAcc Courses. American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, New York, NY.
- 2015: Developmental Fellowship, Summer, Rider University. Davis Fellowship
- 2014: Faculty Developmental Leave, Fall, Rider University. Davis Fellowship
- 2006: Davis Fellowship Rider University
- 2004: Spring Research Leave Rider University
- 2004: Summer Research Fellowship Rider University
- 2001: Spring Research Leave Rider University
- 2010 - Special Projects: Distance Learning Grant - Developed online graduate accounting course
- 2008 - Special Projects: Distance Learning Grant - Developed online course