- Ph.D. Baruch College, City University of New York, Accounting, 2016
- M.B.A. Baruch College, City University of New York, 2015
- B.S. Villanova University, Accountancy, 2009
Accounting regulation; Financial Accounting Standards Board standard setting; Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement; corporate governance.
Financial Accounting; Managerial Accounting; Financial Statement Analysis
Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania, since 2011; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Pennsylvania Institute of CPA’s
- Baranek, D. (2017). “Rules-Based Accounting Standards and SEC Enforcement.”
- 2015: Writing Across the Curriculum Fellow, City University of New York.
- 2012-2014: Chancellor’s Fellowship, City University of New York, Graduate Center.
- 2014: John A. Elliot Teaching Award, City University of New York.