The Rider Shadow Experience (IND 350)
This course affords you the opportunity to spend time in a professional setting corresponding with your anticipated career path. By matching with a successful professional in your field, you will have the opportunity to observe the daily realities of the actual work environment. The course will consist of a preparatory on-line seminar, a minimum of 25 on-site hours, and a final seminar. The course is offered during the Winter J-term, Summer 1 and the Fall semester.
IND 350 The Rider Shadow Experience will provide you with:
- First-hand observational experiences in the professional realm
- A mentor-mentee relationship with a successful career professional
- Connections between classroom curriculum and real-world application
- Resume building and networking opportunities
This course is open to students with 30 or more credits completed and a GPA of no less than a 2.5. Interested students will have to submit an application, resume and faculty recommendation to Kim Barberich, Executive Director of Career Development and Success. Contact [email protected] for due dates.
IND 350 is a one-credit billable pass/fail course. All components of the course must be passed satisfactorily for students to pass the class.
Become a Host
Are you interested in helping today’s Rider students to become tomorrow’s leaders?
Career Development and Success is pleased to announce The Shadow Experience, a credit-bearing course that partners students with successful Rider Alumni and community business leaders in a unique learning experience during the Fall, Winter break, and Summer 1 terms.
We invite you to become a host for this worthwhile endeavor that will entail current students shadowing you at work for a total of twenty-five hours.
If you would like to participate, please submit your information through the Shadow Experience Host Participation Request form.
This experience will allow Rider students to develop:
- a meaningful mentoring relationship,
- connect classroom curriculum to applied practice,
- explore career possibilities and
- observe the daily realities of the working environment.
It will provide you an opportunity:
- to become engaged in the education of today’s students and
- to maintain your connection to the Rider community.