Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for prospective students and families
Last Updated: April 3, 2020, 1:00 p.m.
The health and safety of our students is always our number one priority. In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns in the region, the University is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation and preparing our campuses accordingly.
We understand that you may have questions or concerns. Our admissions staff is here to help, every step of the way.
Campus operating status
The University is using guidance from local, state and federal public health officials to inform our decision making. Please visit rider.edu/coronavirus for the latest updates and FAQs for students and employees. This site is the official source of information about Rider's response to COVID-19 and will be updated to reflect new information as it becomes available.
Rider Remote options
It’s important to us that you feel comfortable that you have all the information you need to make the best decision about your education. Whether it’s related to student life, financial aid, housing, academics, or student support services, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
There are plenty of ways to connect. Thanks to our Rider Remote options, the choice is yours.
- Send an email: [email protected]
- Pick up the phone: 800-257-9026
- Text or call your counselor.
- Schedule a video conference. (Email us to set up a face-to-face meeting via Google Hangouts, Facetime, or Zoom.)
High school seniors admitted to the class of 2024 are invited to fill out our contact request form. Select who you'd like to connect with, your preferred method of communication, and preferred dates/times.
Prospective graduate students may request one-on-one virtual appointments. Let us know when and how you would like to be contacted and our counselors will be in touch!
Follow Rider University on social media for photos and updates from our campus community.
Want a closer look at our campus from the comfort of your home?
Check out our Virtual Tour to get an insider’s view of our residence halls, dining facilities, and classrooms! Click the locations on the campus map to view videos.
Deposit deadline extension option
For high school seniors, spring is a busy time. With interruptions to many events and services in the region, it’s OK if you feel you need more time to make your final admission decision.
For undergraduate students entering in the Class of 2024, Rider is able to extend the deposit deadline to June 1. Please contact the admission office at [email protected] to request an extension on submitting your tuition and housing deposits.
When you’re ready, log into your MyRider portal to submit your deposit and secure your place in our entering class.
Admissions events scheduled in the coming weeks are being evaluated on a case by case basis and with an abundance of caution. Alternate arrangements will be made where appropriate.
Below is a list of event cancelations, format changes, and rescheduling notices. We are exploring alternative ways to connect you with Rider’s campus community, and we will share those with you as they come available.
- Class of 2024, join us for Rider’s Admitted Student Day virtual experience! It’s everything you need to know to start your journey as a Bronc.
- Admitted Student Regional Receptions from March 14 through March 29 are canceled.
- Bronc for a Day and Musical Theatre Bronc for a Day appointments are canceled. A virtual Musical Theatre Bronc for a Day page is now available!
- Campus tours are canceled.
- Counselor Breakfast on March 24 has been rescheduled for April 28.
- EOP Preview Day on March 28 is canceled.
- Financial Aid Appointment Day is canceled. You may contact the Office of Financial Aid at 609-896-5360 or [email protected] for individual appointments.
- Group Tours may be requested and will be scheduled after May 1.
- Instant Decision Day appointments are canceled.
- Transfer Tuesday will continue as a virtual experience.
- Transfer Trustee Scholarship Interview Day on March 27 is now a virtual event.
- Applied Psychology Information Session on March 24 is now a virtual event.
- Graduate Business Information Session on April 9 is now a virtual event.
Where possible, other admissions events not listed here will continue as planned; however, if there is a change, registrants will be notified directly and an update will be posted to this page.
World-class education, close to home
Rider University ranks on U.S. News and World Report's Best Colleges list and the Wall Street Journal's Top U.S. College list. With 100+ majors and programs aligned with business and industry needs, you can learn more, earn more, be more at Rider University. Request more info.