Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for prospective students and families
Last Updated: August 3, 2020, 2:35 p.m.
The health and safety of our students is always our number one priority. In response to the worldwide spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the University is closely monitoring the situation and preparing our campuses accordingly.
We understand that you may have questions or concerns. Our admissions staff is here to help, every step of the way.
Campus operating status
The University is using guidance from local, state and federal public health officials to inform our decision making. Please visit rider.edu/resolved-and-ready for the latest updates for students and employees. This site is the official source of information about Rider's plan for the 2020-21 academic year and will be updated to reflect new information as it becomes available.
We are committed to providing our students with as much flexibility as possible in the context of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic so that they and their families can make the best decisions for themselves. Because so many individuals are facing hardships right now as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, we are also taking additional measures to ease the financial impact on our students. As a result, the University has announced the following changes:
- For the fall 2020 semester, Rider will resume its on-campus living and learning environment. The University’s comprehensive plan to guide the reopening of campus offers options for both in-person and remote instruction. All of us are dedicated to ensuring Rider will be prepared to respond dynamically to changing circumstances.
- Rider is awarding all full-time undergraduate students a one-time tuition grant of $700 for the fall 2020 semester. It will be applied automatically to the accounts of all enrolled students.
- Rider is also temporarily suspending its two-year residency requirement for the full 2020-21 academic year. First-year and sophomore students may choose whether they’d prefer to live on-campus or elsewhere.
- Rider University continues to follow state and federal guidelines and invest in precautionary measures, such as enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols, to ensure the safety of all members of our community who live on or visit our campus.
The coronavirus has not tempered our excitement for the academic year, and we look forward with great anticipation to providing our students with the transformative experience that all Rider students expect and deserve.
- Chat with our student ambassadors!
- Visit our virtual Open House and get to know our campus community!
- Virtual campus tours are available. If you would like to see Rider's 280-acre Lawrenceville, NJ campus, please register for an upcoming virtual tour session with one of our student tour guides or watch our campus videos!
- Thinking about transferring to Rider? Schedule a Transfer Tuesday video conference, attend a virtual info session, or drop-in during our virtual office hours! View all Transfer Admission events.
- Financial aid appointments are available by phone or video conference. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at 609-896-5360 or [email protected].
- Graduate admissions staff are available for one-on-one meetings with prospective students. Request a one-on-one virtual appointment to let us know when and how you would prefer to be contacted.
Rider Remote options
It’s important to us that you feel comfortable that you have all the information you need to make the best decision about your education. Whether it’s related to student life, financial aid, housing, academics, or student support services, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
There are plenty of ways to connect. Thanks to our Rider Remote options, the choice is yours.
- Send an email: [email protected]
- Pick up the phone: 800-257-9026
- Text or call your counselor.
- Schedule a video conference. (Email us to set up a face-to-face meeting via Google Hangouts, Facetime, or Zoom.)
Follow Rider University on social media for photos and updates from our campus community.
Want a closer look at our campus from the comfort of your home?
Check out our Virtual Tour to get an insider’s view of our residence halls, dining facilities, and classrooms! Click the locations on the campus map to view videos.
World-class education, close to home
Rider University ranks on U.S. News and World Report's Best Colleges list and the Wall Street Journal's Top U.S. College list. With 100+ majors and programs aligned with business and industry needs, you can learn more, earn more, be more at Rider University. Request more info.