As an added measure of student identity verification, Rider University requires all distance learning students to submit a photo of themselves for their Bronc ID card. These official ID photos will be connected to University systems such as Banner and Canvas.
Students who live close to campus can elect to follow the same ID card procedure for traditional on-campus students by visiting Rider Public Safety. For students who do not plan to visit campus, you are required to mail a notarized photo ID and submit a digital copy online to Rider.
Steps to Submitting ID Photo
To submit your photo, you will need to download and complete the Online Student Notarized Identification Form. Once completed and notarized, you may then mail the form to Rider at the address listed and upload a digital copy of the photo.
You will need a 2 in. by 2 in. photograph of yourself (commonly referred to as a “passport photo”). In order to have your identity verified, you must have one of the following forms of identification:
- State-issued driver’s license
- State-issued identification card
- U.S. military identification card
- Resident alien identification card (green card)
- U.S. passport
- STEP 1: Get printed and digital copy of photo You will need a 2 in. by 2 in. photograph of yourself (commonly referred to a “passport photo”). The photo must clearly show your head and shoulders. You are the only one who can be in the photo—it cannot be a group photo. In addition to the physical copy of your photo, you will also need to upload a digital copy. This can be done by either scanning the photo, or by taking a picture with your phone and uploading from there.
- STEP 2: Endorse the photo & attach to form
Prior to attaching your photo, you will need to endorse it. Please PRINT your name on the back of the photo and SIGN the bottom of the photo. Be mindful not to write on any of the features of your face. You may then attach your photo to the from by either using clear tape or stapling the edges to the form.
- STEP 3: Notarize the “Online Student Identification Form”
Students should complete Section I only. The Notary Public will then complete Section II and affix their seal across the edge of your photo. You will be instructed when to sign by the Notary.
- STEP 4: Submit your notarized form to Rider
Once all sections have been completed and sealed by the Notary, you can mail the form back to Rider at the following address:
Rider University Continuing Studies
ATTN: Distance Learning ID Verification
2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- STEP 5: Upload your digital copy of the same photo online
Once you mail everything back to Rider, you can then upload the same photo. Once we receive your notarized copy, we will confirm the photos match and approve the photo. Once approved, the photo will be pushed to Canvas profile as well. You will receive your Bronc ID card in the mail within 30 days.