Submitting Hours for an Experience
TIP: Log into BroncNation first, before clicking any links on this page, for seamless access to the pages you want to reach.
After you complete 20 hours or more in one experience you may submit it for review in BroncNation.
- You cannot combine hours spent in different experience types into one submission; each experience type may be submitted using only hours spent in that experience.
- If your hours span more than one experience type you would enter them as Service Hours.
- Hours may be accumulated over more than one semester or academic year until you reach 20 or more.
NOTE: All Division I athletes will automatically get three (3) points when the Athletic Director submits the official NCAA roster each semester. You do not need to complete this form to earn those points!
- To submit an experience, select the circle with the first letter of your name or image in the top right corner of the BroncNation home page.
In the menu, select “Experiences”
- Then Select “Add Experience” and choose your experience name from the list.
- Complete the form. There are prompts throughout the form to provide direction for completing the fields. Once you have completed all fields, click Submit.
During the semester an approver will review your submitted experience. Upon approval and by the end of the semester when possible, the experience will be listed on your Engaged Learning Transcript.
Perform volunteer community service to receive points in the Civic or Community Engagement (CCE) category. To submit community service hours, select “Service Hours” from the drop-down box as described in 1. above and complete the form.
- Log hours in BroncNation as you complete them so you don’t forget to count them.
- Do not enter service hours performed while not an active, enrolled student (i.e., the summer before the first term you attend.) They will be denied.
- As you enter service hours, they will be reviewed and approved.
- Hours may be accumulated over more than one semester or academic year until you reach 20 hours and can submit them to earn one point. They will not expire or go away at the close of a semester or academic year, but will continue to accumulate in BroncNation.
- Once you have at least 20 approved service hours you will receive an email directing you to sign up for a Zoom reflection session sponsored by the Office of Service and Civic Engagement. Sign up in BroncNation to attend the reflection session that meets your schedule.
- Until you attend a reflection session the points are not earned and will not be added to your Engaged Learning transcript.
Upon completion of a reflection session your participation will be reported to the Engaged Learning Coordinator. Throughout each semester the Coordinator will send a report of who has earned points to the Registrar. The Engaged Learning points will then be recorded on your Engaged Learning Transcript.
You will continue to submit service hours in BroncNation, but will not earn another point or attend another reflection session until you reach a total of 50+ service hours (including the 20 you already submitted,) then 100+ service hours (including the 99 you already submitted.)
- There is no restriction on the number of service hours you can submit.
- You will not be required to attend more than three (3) reflection sessions.
New Student Engagement Experience
Created as an opportunity for freshmen and first-year transfer students to become familiar with what events Rider has to offer, the New Student Engagement Experience encourages new students to attend a variety of on-campus or virtual events. Any campus or virtual event can be used to earn one point in the Community and Civic Engagement category (CCE).
How do you earn the point? Attend six (6) campus or virtual events from the following themes, with a maximum of two (2) events per theme:
- Sporting Event/Intramurals
- Lecture/Workshop/Teach-In/Shared Read Program Event
- Art Performance
- Health, Wellness & Spirituality Event
- Diversity Event
- Campus Tradition Event
After attending six (6) events, complete the New Student Engagement Experience form in BroncNation. From the list of "Experiences", select CCE: New Student Engagement Experience. The review process is the same as for an Experience above.
You can earn this point once. Points are reported to the Registrar at the end of each semester. This opportunity is only available to freshmen and transfer students to complete during their first full year at Rider.
How can I see my progress towards completing the Engaged Learning graduation requirement?
DegreeWorks records progress towards graduation for all your academic requirements, including Engaged Learning. Using your Rider key, log in to myRider to access DegreeWorks.