Online MA in Arts Management and Executive Leadership
Developing next-generation leaders in the arts, cultural and entertainment industries
Rider's new Online M.A. Arts Management and Executive Leadership features studies in arts management, business and leadership, all focused on giving you the knowledge, skills and insights needed to become a successful leader and catalyst for change.
Our 39-credit program will transform the way you look at the industry landscape, create strategies, communicate messages, and motivate and manage those around you. Starting day one, your career-focused studies will blend theory with highly practical coursework, offering knowledge you can immediately apply on the job.
You will learn to:
- Build your business and management skills in such critical areas as budget planning, research and analysis, contract negotiations, hiring practices, and governance
- Leverage your marketing impact through proactive and strategic planning designed to attract and retain broader and untapped markets
- Articulate your organization's value, differentiating it in an increasingly competitive and crowded arts world
- Identify and cultivate steady funding streams from government, corporate, foundation and private sources
- Flexible online format allows you to work full-time without career interruption
- Small online classes, personal mentoring and career coaching throughout your studies
- Taught by experienced faculty and adjuncts, all with substantive and real-world experience in executive leadership of the arts, as well as extensive industry connections for networking
- Additional faculty from Rider's AACSB-accredited College of Business Administration
- Cohort-based structure
- Program can be completed in as few as 11-15 months or at whatever pace you set, based on your lifestyle and professional goals
- No GRE or GMAT requirement
In addition to online classes, the program includes a mandatory 2.5 day "Summer Bootcamp" orientation upon entry, and an overlapping 1.5 day leadership seminar upon exiting the program, on Rider's Lawrenceville, NJ campus.
Studies begin with the summer orientation, followed by three online prerequisite classes. Students whose previous studies fulfill the prerequisites begin regular MA coursework in fall.
NOTE: A 5-Year BA/MA in Arts Management is also available to qualified undergraduates. Consult your Rider advisor for additional information on how to plan for and participate in this program.
Areas of Opportunity
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, there are ever-growing professional opportunities for qualified arts managers and executive leaders in multiple industry sectors including as
- Recording Industry and Related Companies
- Commercial and Nonprofit Theatres
- Symphonic and Other Live Music Ensembles
- Art Galleries and Other Visual Arts
- Film, television and Other Media Companies
- Dance Companies
- Operas, Choirs and Other Vocal Ensembles
- Corporate and Sports Entertainment
- Visual and Performing Arts Schools and Libraries
- Arts, Culture and Tourism Agencies
- Theme Parks and Other Commercial Entertainment Companies
Applications are accepted year-round.
To be considered, you must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- Complete and submit Rider's Graduate Application for Admission;
- Submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended; and
- Provide a current résumé
For more information, please contact:
Todd Dellinger devised and built the uniquely integrated, theoretical & practical learning Arts Administration program and directs the Arts Administration Center at Rider, drawing from more than twenty years' experience in the field after earning his Masters in Arts Administration from the American University in Washington, D.C. Prior to Rider, Mr.