M.A. in Business Communication
Preparing professionals to support and advance organizational strategy through communication excellence and leadership.
Options that Focus on Your Career Path
Rider’s 33-credit M.A. in Business Communication offers you the opportunity to learn how to understand and leverage communication strategies to achieve organizational goals in your area of focus. The program will introduce you to best practices and engage you in “real life” current issues and scenarios faced by professionals on the job.
The program includes graduate-level courses from Rider’s College of Business, which holds prestigious accreditation by AACSB International: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Students also benefit from Rider’s central location between New York City and Philadelphia, which connects them to the business, financial and cultural nexus of Princeton and the burgeoning Route 1 corridor.
Curriculum Focus (33 Credits Total)
Professional Development (18 credits)
- Corporate & Persuasive Discourse - 3 credits
- Legal & Ethical Issues for Professional Communicators - 3 credits
- Business Presentation Strategies - 3 credits
- Strategic Business Writing - 3 credits
- Visual Communication - 3 credits
- Information Gathering & Analysis - 3 credits
Global Insights (3 credits)
- Communicating in Multicultural Workplaces - 1.5 Credits
- Communication in a Global Market - 1.5 credits
Leadership and Teamwork (3 credits)
- Effective Group Communication - 1.5 credits
- Communication and Organization Culture - 1.5 credits
Business Foundation (6 credits)
*or equivalent course substitution selected by the department chair.
- Fundamentals of Accounting - 3 credits
- Economic Analysis - 3 credits
- Project Management - 3 credits
- Electronic Commerce - 3 credits
Capstone (3 credits)
A combination of experience and research, based on workplace visits, interactions with professionals, and creative project development.
The M.A. in Business Communication program is led by a highly credentialed faculty whose members bring rich professional experience in business as well as outstanding academic backgrounds to the classroom. Many are published authors, hold positions of leadership in regional and national professional organizations, and are sought after by businesses and organizations for their expertise as consultants and advisors.
All applications must include:
- A completed Rider University Application for Graduate Study:
Apply to M.A. Business Communication
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum CGPA of 2.7
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- A current resume
- 500-1500 word statement of aims and objectives that indicates your reasons for pursuing graduate study in business communication.
- Personal interview by invitation, following an initial screening by the Admission Office
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores, if English is not your native language, and you did not attend a U.S. university for a previous undergraduate or graduate degree program.
|Fall Entry||Aug. 1|
|Spring Entry||Dec. 1|
|Summer Entry||May 1|