Student Teaching Forms and Publications
Download the Student Teaching 2018–19 Handbook (PDF)
Prospective Student Teachers
Student teaching applications for the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters were due on February 10, 2019. If you have a compelling reason for why you need to apply late, you must contact our office at [email protected]
Applications for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 student teaching semesters will be available on this site in January 2020.
- Student Teacher PowerPoint Presentation (outlines student teaching process details and gives tips for writing your philosophy of education statement)
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) \ Substitute Certificate
- Applicant instructions (illustrated)
- Applicant instructions
- You must use "Substitute" as your position when applying for your criminal background check. Do not use "Student" or "Volunteer" as your position.
- Please note that the NJ DOE no longer mails printed clearance letters for the CBC. You must download and print a PDF file from this website.
- How to apply for a substitute certificate in NJ
Student teachers should download the items listed below within the first week of student teaching. The first is a form for recording the weekly schedule for your teaching assignment. It should be completed and submitted to your supervisor, unless your supervisor requests this information in a different format. The others may be useful when planning lessons during student teaching. All documents can be found in the Student Teacher Handbook as well.
- Elementary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Secondary Education Student Teaching Schedule Form (PDF)
- Lesson Planning
- Preobservation Form (PDF)
- INTASC Standards for Teaching
Cooperating Teachers are required to complete several evaluations throughout the semester. All evaluations will be sent via email link (not an attachment), and conducted through SurveyMonkey.
HONORARIUM / TUITION REMISSION
Cooperating Teachers are eligible to receive a monetary honorarium or tuition remission towards a Rider University graduate course.
Honoraria are issued after the close of the academic semester. Tuition remission may be applied to a course within one year of the semester in which a cooperating teacher hosted a Rider University student teacher.
- Form Requesting Honorarium or Tuition Remission (must be submitted by all CTs)
- IRS W-9 Form (must be submitted by all CTs)
- Tuition Remission Form (only submit if requesting Tuition Remission instead of the honorarium)
Forms may be submitted via email (as scanned pdf attachments), fax, mail, or dropped off at:
Office of Field Placement & State Certification
2083 Lawrenceville Road, MEM 116
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609-896-5175 (phone) 609-896-5282 (fax)
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
After each classroom observation, supervisors must complete a narrative evaluation on Canvas. The written document should be saved as a PDF and emailed to the student teacher and the cooperating teacher. To request reimbursement for travel expenses, supervisors should complete the forms below and submit them to the Field Placement Office in Memorial 116.
- Expenditures for Supervision of Student Teaching Form (PDF)
- Request for Checks Form (PDF)
- IRS 2019 Standard Mileage Rates