The program was small enough to give me that personal attention but large enough to give me significant connections throughout NJ. Every day, I wake up with a sense of gratitude for my thriving practice and being able to contribute towards my community in a meaningful way.
Learn more about Rider's application process.
Prepare to Change the Lives of Many
Rider Ed.S. candidates build knowledge in the latest developments of the profession and gain practical field experience that adds value to their professional competencies. Through individualized advising, candidates also develop and grow professionally.
- Multicultural Counseling Issues
- College Counseling and Higher Education Affairs
- Group Counseling and Process
- Special Needs of At-Risk Students
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Career Counseling and Development
- Substance Abuse
- Geriatrics/Hospice Issues
- Probation/Parole Counseling
- Elementary/Secondary School Counseling
- Family and Marital Issues in Counseling
- Grief and Crisis Counseling
- Grant Writing/Management
Our 66-credit program can be customized to align with your career needs and goals. Students also have the option to incorporate certificate programs into their plan of study. Likewise, candidates may require more than 66 credits to achieve their desired professional objectives.
The Ed.S. in Counseling Services also meets the academic requirements for certification as an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) and Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC) certificate.