The Office of University Marketing & Communications takes great care to try to ensure the accuracy of each and every project that we work on. To further ensure error-free pieces, we have provided you with the following checklist to help guide you when reviewing your proofs. Since ultimately the responsibility of accuracy of the final product rests with you, the requester, please be sure to review your proof very carefully before approving.
This checklist is intended to be used as a resource for you to help guide you through the proofing process. You do not need to send this checklist back with your approval.
By sending your final approvals via Basecamp or email, you have given University Marketing & Communications approval to release the artwork into production and have assumed responsibility of the outcome of your piece.
Confirmation of Project Specs
- Printing estimate approvals provided to designer
- Print quantities provided to designer
- Postage rate for mailing panel provided to designer
All Information is Accurate
- Check for spelling errors (including names)
- Check for grammatical errors, extra spaces, etc.
- Check accuracy of facts, and figure
- Check class years of alumni
- Check individuals are accurately identified
- Check phone numbers and email addresses
- Check event date / day / year / time
- Check website urls
- Check appeal code on solicitation
- Check return address on mail panel
Conforms to University Editorial Style
- No double spaces after period
- Time format: 4 to 8 p.m. (NOT 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and NOT 4-8 p.m.)
- Phone number format: (609-896-1234 ext. 123)
- Website format: rider.edu (not www.rider.edu)
- Capitalize titles before name; lower case after name (John Smith, senior vice president / Senior Vice President John Smith)
- No hyphen in “Email”
- Class year apostrophe facing correct direction (’15)