Orientation Leaders are undergraduate student leaders who assist in the organization and execution of Summer Orientation, Welcome Week, and January Orientation. The position is full-time during the summer and the week prior to January Orientation. Specific duties include:
- Represent Rider University to incoming first year students, transfer students, and their families
- Participate in staff training and development
- Create videos, social media stories, presentations, etc. to spread awareness of orientation to increase prospective students’ participation
- Answer questions asked by new students and family members and/or direct them to appropriate resources/offices
- Connect new students to each other and to current students through clubs/organizations/interests etc.
- Perform office work including filing, organizing, answering the office phone, and keeping inventory of orientation materials
- Utilize online avenues of communication, such as Canvas and social media, to answer questions and deliver accurate information about summer orientation and life as a student at Rider
- Attend one Info Session. Click here to register for an information session (If you register for a Zoom session, a Zoom link will be emailed to you the day of the session.)
- Submit your application by Friday, November 19, at 5:00 p.m.
- Submit two references by Friday, November 19 at 5:00 p.m.
- Candidates who are selected for the group interview will be notified on Tuesday, December 7 with details regarding time and location of the interview.
- Group interview will be held on Friday, February 4.
- Individual interviews will be held the week of February 7 by appointment.