Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021
Last updated: 4 p.m.
The water main has been repaired.
Classes beginning at 6 p.m. and evening events will be held as scheduled.
As water service is restored to campus, you may experience sputtering from the tap and some discoloration. This is a normal result that happens following maintenance, but the water is safe to use. Please run water for approximately one minute or until it runs clear before using it to drink, cook or shower.
Thank you for your patience as this work was completed.
Due to a water main break on the Campus Mall, it is necessary to shut down all water service to campus to make the repair. Water will be shut down at 1 p.m. today. As a result:
- All classes beginning after 1 p.m. will be held remotely. A determination will be made at 3:30 p.m. regarding classes beginning at/after 4:30 p.m.
- All campus offices will close at 1 p.m. Staff are expected to work remotely, where possible, for the remainder of the day.
- Once the water is shut down, bathrooms and showers will not be operational. There are porta-potties located at the back of campus near the athletic fields.
- Complimentary bottled water will be available in front of the Student Recreation Center (SRC).
- Daly Dining Hall and Cranberry’s will remain open. The Pub, Starbucks and Saxbys will be closed.
- The Main Entrance and the road around the Campus Mall will remain open while repairs are made.
If there are no complications, the repair is expected to be completed this afternoon, however we will provide additional communication and information via email and Rider Alert throughout the day.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Questions can be directed to Facilities Management at [email protected]