- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership (concentration in higher education), Rowan University
- M.A. in Student Affairs in Higher Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. in Mathematics, Kutztown University
- LEAD 500: The Practice of Leadership
- LEAD 510: Organizations: Design and Dynamics
- EDUC 525: The Higher Education Organization
- EDUC 540: Leading Operations, Change and Assessment in Higher Education
Research interests and professional background
My research interests lie in the examination of work/family balance, particularly for administrators in higher education settings. My research agenda expands to the topics of gender, work/family balance, and disabilities studies as it relates to students and faculty.
For the majority of my professional career, I have worked in both student affairs and academia. Serving in these dual roles has helped me to be a better educator and truly understand students' needs. I am extremely excited and proud to serve as an Assistant Professor and Director for the Organizational Leadership program!
- McKinney, K. M. (2022). Less of a balancing act and more of a juggling act: How women who work in student affairs and have children with disabilities navigate their dual roles (Doctoral dissertation, Rowan University).
- McKinney, K. M. (2022, November 16-19). The juggling act: Women who work in student affairs and have children with disabilities [Accepted Research Paper]. Association for the Study of Higher Education, Las Vegas, NV.
- McKinney, K. M., & Sam, C. H. (2023, April 13-16). A solo act? How student affairs mothers with children with disabilities negotiate work/family responsibilities. [Research Paper]. American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL.
- McKinney, K. M., & Williams, K. (2011). Making the Fit Just Right: Living in a Cohort Model. [Presentation]. American College Personnel Association, Washington, DC.
Honors and awards
- Larry Marcus Award Medallion for Excellence in Educational Leadership, Doctoral Studies, Rowan University (2022)
- Distinguished Teacher Award, The College of New Jersey (2019)
- Dedicated Professional Award (services provided to students with disabilities), Rowan University (2014)
- Division of Student Life Service Excellence Award recognizing contributions in support of students with disabilities, Rowan University (2013)
- Nancy Newkerk Scholarship Award (Outstanding Promise as a Student Affairs Professional), Indiana University (2005)