What Can I Recycle?
Rider’s Recycling Resource
Did you know that Rider is a single-stream campus?
What’s single stream? In every recycling bin on campus you can dispose of acceptable paper, plastic & metal items together, even if the bin is marked otherwise! Read on to learn what specific items are considered acceptable for recycling!
What CAN I recycle at Rider?
- Office paper & mail
- Flattened cardboard & paperboard
- Paper bags
- Paper cardboard, dairy & juice containers
- Plastic bottles & containers (recycling codes #1-7)
- Glass bottles and jars (all colors)
- Steel, tin & aluminum cans (soda, vegetable, fruit & tuna)
What CAN’T I recycle at Rider?
- Food waste
- Food contaminated paper & cardboard
- Plastic bags
- Styrofoam cups & containers
- Hazardous waste
Other Recycling Collections at Rider
- Terracycle Beauty Brigade
- Empty personal care and beauty product containers can be recycled in the Beauty Brigade bins located in each Residence Hall bathroom
- Items are then sent to Terracycle to be upcycled into new products
- Acceptable materials include any hair care, skin care and cosmetics packaging with the exception of aerosol cans and nail polish bottles
- “Recycled Pages” Book Recycling Program
- Any unwanted hard cover or paperback books can be recycled in the collection box outside of the bookstore