Teaching and Learning Links
Inclusive Teaching & Learning
Facilitating Classroom Discussions
Transfer of Learning from the Composition courses into the Major
- Elon Statement on Writing Transfer. (29 July 2013).
- Driscoll, Dana Lynn. (2011, December 21). Connected, disconnected, or uncertain: Student attitudes about future writing contexts and perceptions of transfer from first year writing to the disciplines. Across the Disciplines, 8(2). Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Snead, Robin (December 2011). “Transfer-Ability”: Issues of Transfer and FYC, WPA-CompPile Research Bibliographies, No. 18. WPA CompPile Research Bibliographies. August 18, 2015.
- Writing-Intensive Courses and Insights from Writing Transfer Research from Center for Engaged Learning at Elon University.
Discussing Difficult Topics in the Classroom
Improving Student Motivation
Developing Critical Thinking
Active Learning Techniques
- Teaching Quantitative Reasoning from the Tomorrow’s Professor Listserv
- National Numeracy Network: Teaching Resources an organization dedicated to increasing quantitative literacy for all citizens from Carleton College’s Science Education Resource Center
- StatLit (Statistical Literacy)
- Quantitative Writing (on the NNN website) Information on how to integrate quantitative writing across disciplines
- Radical Math a resource for educators interested in integrating issues of social and economic justice into their math classes and curriculum. Also a resource for educators wanting to integrate QL into their courses dealing with issues of social and economic justice
- Math Forum - The Math Forum @ Drexel
- NSTA, National Science Teachers Association - Links to web resources, discussion boards, listserves, conferences, etc.
- A Framework for K-12 Science Education - The foundation from which the Next Generation Science Standards were written, A Framework for K-12 Science Education proposes a new approach to K-12 science education that will capture students’ interest and provide them with the necessary foundational knowledge in the field.
- STEM Education Collection from the National Academies Press - This collection of downloadable reports considers difference school models of STEM education, highlights research on effective STEM education practices, and identifies conditions that promote and limit school success in STEM.
- AASS Project 2061 - A long-term research and development imitative focused on improving science education so that all Americans can become literate in science, mathematics, and technology.
- Literacy for Science, Exploring the Intersection of the Next Generation Science Standards and the Common Core for ELA Standards: A Workshop Summary (2014)
- Science NetLinks – AAAS resources for K-12 science educators
- Extreme Science - The extremes of nature with images, video, etc.