Office of Community Standards
The Office of Community Standards supports the overall mission of the University by fostering a commitment to social and ethical responsibility. The office serves the Rider Community by:
- Fostering awareness of Rider University policy through oversight and promotion of the Student Code of Social Conduct.
- Educating the Rider community by promoting the University's Statement of Community Values.
- Providing a fair and equitable enforcement of the Code of Social Conduct through the involvement of students, faculty, and administrators.
- Managing information in a confidential manner.
- Acting as a competent team member of Student Affairs.
Statement of Community Values
In our endeavor to make Rider University a just community, we commit ourselves, as caring individuals, to the following principles:
- That our rigorous intellectual life nourishes our minds and spirits;
- That no person roam these halls as a stranger;
- That integrity of word and deed forms the foundation of all relationships;
- That we recognize that real leadership is derived from service to others;
- That we celebrate our differences for they are our strength;
- That we are proud of this special place, entrusted to us by past generations, nurtured by us for future ones;
- That we share not on Truth, but respect our common pursuit for understanding;
- And through the time we spend here, we are forever joined to each other and to Rider University.