Office of Community Standards
As an academic community, Rider University is committed to providing a vibrant, safe environment in which living and learning can occur. An academic community in which students, faculty administrators, and staff come together in voluntary association differs from other communities. In order to function effectively and to provide a climate in which all members can fulfill their personal and community obligations, guidelines for defining rights and responsibilities within that community must be articulated. The Student Code of Social Conduct attempts to do that by allowing each student the greatest possible freedom consistent with the community’s welfare. Violations of the standards of social conduct as defined in these regulations will be adjudicated by the appropriate hearing authority. Enforcement of the Student Code of Social Conduct is overseen by the Office of Community Standards, located in the Bart Luedeke Center, Student Affairs Suite, 609-896-5292.
The Office of Community Standards supports the overall mission of the University by fostering a commitment to social and ethical responsibility. The office serves the Rider Community by:
- Fostering awareness of Rider University policy through oversight and promotion of the Student Code of Social Conduct.
- Educating the Rider community by promoting the University's Statement of Community Values.
- Providing a fair and equitable enforcement of the Code of Social Conduct through the involvement of students, faculty, and administrators.
- Managing information in a confidential manner.
- Acting as a competent team member of Student Affairs.