April 17, 2017
Dear Rider Community,
Our strategic planning process is nearing completion. Many thanks to the faculty, administrators, staff, students, alumni, Trustees and external representatives, over 100 of you who gave your time and energy and who contributed your ideas and thinking in developing a meaningful and realistic plan for Rider’s future.
The draft Strategic Plan has been updated since it was last posted on Canvas and myRider at the end of January. It now incorporates work and analysis completed over the past several months by the Board and senior team. It remains organized along the five strategic themes that were informed by the SWOT analyses, goal setting and action planning of the working groups and Steering Committee. The strategic themes, which resonate with our proposed new vision and mission, are:
- Our unwavering focus on student growth and development
- The branding, marketing and promotion of our University
- The importance of our people
- The strategic cultivation, management and investment of our resources
- Our commitment to planning, implementation and continuous improvement
A revised plan will be posted on Canvas and the announcements channel of myRider no later than this Wednesday, April 19. An email will be sent announcing its availability.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FEEDBACK
In the meantime, I want to inform you of the various ways in which you can provide your feedback, questions and comments regarding the revised draft Plan.
- Consider attending one of two forums scheduled next week. I will provide a brief contextual overview with the rest of the time devoted to your feedback, comments and questions. We ask that you RSVP via this link so that we ensure we have sufficient space to accommodate everyone.
Monday, April 24, 2017, 12 to 1 p.m., BLC Theater OR
Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Daly's Mercer Room
- Post your feedback on the Canvas site entitled, Strategic Planning Feedback. Enroll on this site, if you haven't done so already and join the discussion. Further instructions can be found on the Canvas site.
- Reach out to Debbie Stasolla, Associate Vice President for Planning, via email or by calling 609-896-5228 with any questions or feedback you may have.
Rider's future is bright thanks in large part to the very thoughtful work and analysis of the past year in development of our Strategic Plan and the revision of our mission and vision. This work is setting the stage for the next phase of Rider's dynamic evolution and will be the basis for much of our Middle States self-study for which we will host a site visit by a peer team of evaluators on March 25 - 28, 2018.
I look forward to your feedback.
Gregory G. Dell’Omo, Ph.D.