Center for the Development of Leadership Skills
The Center for the Development of Leadership Skills is proud that its Leadership Development Program has been recognized as one of the top certificate programs with an emphasis on leadership in the nation for 2016, 2017, and 2018!
The CDLS supports the concept that true leadership occurs when we work together. The CDLS credo is:
- Leadership is a process, not a position or a set of personality traits. It can be learned.
- Opportunities to make a difference exist at all levels of organizations and society.
- Each of us is a leader or role model for someone.
- Ordinary people can become extraordinary leaders.
- None of us knows our true strength until challenged.
- It is our collective task to discover and liberate the leader within each of us.
Rider undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to the CDLS’s Leadership Development Program (LDP), a university-wide program that welcomes all majors. This academic, co-curricular, and experientially based program challenges students to not only learn about the theories and history of leadership, but to put their knowledge to use by participating in leadership skills workshops and holding leadership positions both on and off campus.
Explore our site to learn more about the Center and the Leadership Development Program, and how it will strengthen and develop your leadership skills! If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Laura Seplaki, Associate Director: