New Student Orientation
Spring 2017 Orientation
Apply Today to Become an Orientation Leader!
Orientation Leaders are undergraduate student leaders who assist in the organization and execution of Placement Testing, Summer Orientation, Fall Opening, and January Orientation. The position is full-time during the summer and the week prior to January Orientation. Specific duties include:
- Represent Rider University to incoming first year students, transfer students, and their families
- Participate in staff training and development
- Work with faculty, staff, and others in coordinating and leading program sessions
- Answer questions asked by students or family members or direct them to appropriate resources and offices
- Perform office work including filing, mailings, and spreadsheet management
- Work as a team on duties both in preparation for and during Orientation sessions
- Act as a liaison to Rider University offices
- Attend an Info Session: Location: BLC 257 Thursday, January 26 at 11:30 am, Monday, January 30 at 7 pm, Tuesday, January 31 at 11:30, Thursday, February 2 at 7 pm, or Tuesday, February 7at 11:30 am.
- Submit your application online by Wednesday, February 15 at noon.
- Submit two written references by February 15 at noon.
- Candidates who are selected for the group interview will be notified on February 16 by 5 p.m. with details regarding meeting location.
- Group Interviews will be held on Friday, February 17 from 5 - 7:30pm
- Individual Interviews will be held the week of February 20, by appointment
- Wednesday, February 17: Applications due by noon
- Friday, February 16, 5-7:30pm: Group Interview
- Friday - Sunday, March 17-19: NODA Regional Conference (Philadelphia, PA)
- Monday, May 22, 2017: First full day of work!
- Salary of $3500
- Housing and meals during the summer
- Orientation Leader Uniform
- Professional Development opportunities
Fall 2017 Orientation Dates
Students will be assigned to summer orientation dates beginning in April.
Freshman Orientation Dates
- Wed-Thurs, June 28-29
- Sun-Mon, July 9-10
- Wed-Thurs, July 12-13
- Sun-Mon, July 16-17
- Wed-Thurs, July 19-20
Transfer Student Orientation Dates
- Thursday, June 15
- Tuesday, July 25
- Tuesday, August 29 (Abbreviated, morning session)
Spring 2017 Student Orientation
Spring 2017 Orientation Dinner
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Spring 2017 Orientation
Friday, January 20, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how long are orientation sessions?
All freshmen will attend a two-day program during the summer. Check in on the first day begins at 1:30 p.m. and the program begins promptly at 2:30 p.m. Parents and family members check in at the same time as their students. Day 1 programming for parents and family members ends with a reception at Dean Campbell's house, which starts at 8:15 p.m. Day 2 of orientation begins at 8 a.m. and ends by 1:30 p.m.
What if I need to change my orientation session date?
You are strongly encouraged to attend the session to which you are assigned - this will allow you to complete your course selection with an advisor from your department. If it is necessary for you to change your date, please call the Orientation Office at 609-896-5373.
Incoming freshmen are invited to stay overnight in the residence halls during Orientation. We have made special accommodations with local hotels for family members who are attending orientation to stay overnight at a discounted rate.
Are you a Westminster Choir College Student?
Visit the Princeton campus Orientation information section that is specific to Princeton campus students.