Rider is a very sought after school right now and because of this increased interest in the institution, there is a comparable interest in enjoying the living/learning experience on campus for both new and returning students. What that means for folks here is this: Because of our high demand for housing, if your housing deposit was received by May 1st then you are guaranteed housing. Due to overwhelming demand for housing some students may be placed in triples. Room assignment information will begin to go out around the middle of August.
- Based on date we receive housing deposit.
- Academic based learning communities such as BHP and Science; preferences for wellness or first year experience; group affiliation-athletic teams. (Lincoln)- Suite Style- Upperclassmen.
- Transfers: We will try to put transfers with other transfers or with other older students
Extended Housing-Triple Rooms
- Extremely high demand for on campus housing
- Triples (3 students)- We took some of our larger rooms and added a 3rd set of furniture
- All students who live in triple housing will receive a 15% credit to their student account on a weekly basis.
- Residence Directors /Building Managers will be directly responsible for sharing information and answering questions your student may have about extended housing.
- The RD’s will work closely with the students to establish triple rules and provide more direct attention to ensure that they are adjusting.
- Recommend accepting the roommate that is randomly selected for you.
- Lawrenceville Campus: Are accepted through the Office of Residence Life. No guarantees.
- Princeton Campus: Email Jane Ferrick roommate preferences. We will do our best to honor them. No guarantees.
- Social Networking: We do not make assignments based on race religion or sexual orientation. Prior to discounting a roommate based on their Facebook or Myspace profile, give them a chance. Consider what others may think of your profile or those of your friends.
- We need to have received both of your housing deposits by May 1st in order to ensure that you will be placed together