All majors must submit a video recording.
Audio only recordings will not be accepted.
Please submit the following:
Pre-Screen Video Requirements and Guidelines - To be submitted by December 15th
- Slate your name and pieces you are performing at the beginning of each video.
- Record your videos from the waist up close enough so we can see your face.
- Record each video individually and label them as "song 1”, "song 2”, "mono 1”, “mono 2”, "dance sample 1” ("dance sample 2" if you are including more than one).
- All selections must be accompanied. Please use either pre-recorded tracks or a live accompanist.
- Prepare two contrasting songs - one 32-bar cut of a traditional musical theatre (pre-1980) and one 32-bar cut of a contemporary musical theatre song (1980-present) OR pop/rock song
- Prepare 2 contrasting one-minute contemporary monologues
- The selections should not require dialect, costume, or props
Submit a Ballet or a Jazz/Musical Theatre routine. You may send both, but list them in 2 separate videos (ex: Dance 1, Dance 2). The video may also be a clip from a performance. Videos should be no longer than 1 minute in length.
- Jazz/Musical Theatre: recommended movements: multiple pirouettes, isolations, leaps, jumps, battements and/or turns. Show your musicality.
- Ballett: recommended movements: pirouettes, jeté, pas de bourrée, waltz, piqué turn, battements, turns in second and/or fouettés.
- Tap: If you are an experienced tap dancer, feel free to include an additional video (no longer than 1 minute in length). This would be in addition to your ballet/jazz video.
- Please prepare the same monologues and songs from your Pre-Screening Video.
- You are required to have sheet music for the accompanist for on-campus auditions. For Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles auditions, no accompanist will be provided. Please bring your recorded tracks and any cordless player.
- Please provide 2 copies of your headshot and resume.
- There will be a ballet and jazz combination taught. If you are an experienced tap dancer, please bring your tap shoes and be prepared to demonstrate your skills.
- Faculty Introductions and Rider Overview
- Campus tour (On campus audition only)
MUSICAL THEATRE - Piano