Transfer Frequently Asked Questions

Home / Admissions / Transfer Admissions / Transfer Frequently Asked Questions
This slideshow is not enabled

Will I receive scholarship?
Westminster College of the Arts Transfer Scholarships will be based on the college academic record, including the transfer GPA, and audition/interview results and will be awarded at the discretion of the Director of Admission.

Will my music credits transfer?
In most cases music credits from any other college or university will not be accepted for credit. Student may receive elective credit for music courses taken elsewhere.

How can I receive credit for music courses I have taken at another school?
All entering Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Arts in Music transfer student take a series of placement examinations. Based on the results of those exams, student may be exempted from any graduation requirement. Credits exempted by examination must be replaced with Arts and Science or music electives as appropriate.

Do I have to audition?
Auditions and/or interviews are required for all Westminster Choir College undergraduate programs.  Click here for a complete listing of audition requirements and dates.

How many credits can I transfer into Westminster Choir College?
A transfer student is generally eligible to transfer up to 60 credits from a two year institution and up to 90 credits from a four year institution.

What is the minimum grade required to receive transfer credit?
You must receive a "C" or higher in a course for it to be considered for transfer credit.

How can my credits from my current institution be evaluated?
If you have attended a community college in New Jersey, you can complete an unofficial credit evaluation using the website. This website will provide you with information such as what classes will transfer into Rider University and whether future classes will transfer into your desired major.

If you have attended schools other than a New Jersey community college, supply your unofficial transcript(s) and we can complete an unofficial evaluation of your completed credits, free of charge, by the academic coordinators in the corresponding academic department.

Who can I contact at Westminster if I have further questions about transferring?
[email protected]