Join the Rider University Parent and Family Council
The Parent and Family Council is a community of dedicated individuals who are actively engaged in their students' college experience. The council helps educate and connect parents to Rider and seeks to encourage families to support the University through philanthropic generosity.
Join our community of parents and guardians by filling out the Parent and Family interest form!
Marc ‘74 and Marge Suntup, Parent Class ‘22
"The Rider Parent and Family Council gives us an opportunity to collaborate with other families, stay informed and stay connected in order to support student success.”
Show Your Support
Join the Parent and Family Council today and help make a difference for all Rider students.
Already a Parent and Family Council member? Continue your service by renewing your annual gift to the Parent and Family Fund.
- Meet and build strong connections with Rider administrators, parents and families at special events for council members
- Become more knowledgeable about University resources and programs that support student success
- Deepen your connection to Rider by attending campus events, volunteering, and supporting initiatives that benefit current students
Council Member Responsibilities
As a council member, you will be asked to:
- Share the University’s mission and values while encouraging other families to join the Parent and Family Council.
- Provide guidance on effective ways to engage with other parents.
- Act as parent ambassadors for both prospective and admitted students in your area.
- Attend two council meetings each year.
- Become a resource to expand mentoring and career opportunities for students.
- Volunteer at campus events such as Orientation, Student Move-in Day and Open Houses.
- Make an annual leadership gift to the Rider Parent and Family Fund that is commensurate with your philanthropic capacity and passion for Rider, with the minimum gift at the Rider Leadership level of $1,000.