Halftime Community Director Graduate Positions are filled by a yearly process which takes place in the spring. We will be interviewing at the Mid-Atlantic Placement Conference and setting up Skype interviews for candidates not attending the Mid-Atlantic Placement Conference.
All Graduate Assistantships are for a 9 1/2-month period.
For information on our graduate programs, visit www.rider.edu/admissions.
About Community Director Graduate Assistantships
The Residence Life Office at Rider’s Lawrenceville & Princeton (Westminster Choir College) Campuses employs graduate students as directors in each of its residence facilities. Job responsibilities include supervision of 1 to 8 Community Assistants, advisement of hall governments and programming, consultation for personal and academic concerns, coordination of administrative functions, and disposition of judicial violations. Remuneration includes a stipend, 9 credits tuition remission per semester, an on-campus furnished apartment, and a meal plan donated by Gourmet Dining, our food service contractor.
Qualifications for All Positions
- Admission to a graduate program at Rider University
- Personal qualities which would facilitate the supervision of staff
- Ability to work with college students in an advising capacity
- Ability to work well with other offices on- and off-campus as needed
- Work experience in undergraduate halls or work/living experience of a related nature
- A two year availability is preferred and in some cases required
A completed Application includes:
- Online Application
- Resume & Cover Letter
- Listing of three References
All materials must be received by Monday, February 11th, 2019.
Candidates attending the Mid-Atlantic Placement Conference may submit their application at the conference.
Inquiries should be addressed to: