About Residence Life
The Residence Life program is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable, and educational living community where academic success and personal growth are encouraged. To achieve our mission, we will:
Challenge students to:
- Accept personal responsibility
- Confront new ideas
- Communicate effectively
- Create a residence community that embraces civility, diversity, and respect
Support students by providing:
- A welcoming spirit that encourages personal connections to the Rider community
- Timely, empathetic, and professional response to students’ needs and concerns
- Competent, well trained, and caring staff
- Opportunities for involvement in hall governance, campus organizations, and programs
- Learning opportunities that complement the academic mission of the university
- Regular assessment of residence hall conditions
The staff of the Office of Residence Life welcomes you to Rider University. We invite you to call us with any questions, concerns, or comments you may have regarding residence issues.
Office of Residence Life for the Lawrenceville Campus
Main Office:Bart Luedeke Center114
Residence Life Staff
Members of the Residence Life staff are responsible for managing Rider’s residence halls and creating an environment and programs that complement your academic curriculum. Each residence hall has one undergraduate Resident Advisor (RA) for every 30 to 40 students, and a Resident Director (RD). RAs help new students in their transition to University life and are responsible for enforcement of rules and regulations, counseling and programming.
The Associate Dean for Residential Programs reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students. The primary responsibility of the Associate Dean for Residential Programs include the management and supervision of Residence Life, Greek Life, and Community Standards offices on the Lawrenceville and Princeton campuses.