Welcome to Rider!
Below is information regarding your pre-entrance health requirements for Graduate Students. Please read this carefully.
Access the Healthy Broncs Portal to complete your health requirements.
Due Dates for Completion
Fall entering: August 1
Spring entering: January 15
Failure to complete health requirements by the due date will result in the following:
- Registration hold
- Housing interruption
- Late fees
Required Health Forms
All forms can be printed through the Healthy Broncs Portal
- Immunization Record
- Take this form to your healthcare provider to be completed, signed and office-stamped. All required vaccination fields must be completed. You do not have to use this form; an Immunization Record from your provider or previous school, can be substituted as long as it contains all the necessary Rider requirements.
- Be sure to obtain any missing immunizations. If your healthcare provider does not offer certain immunizations local pharmacies provide these services.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire
- Physicians Evaluation for Tuberculosis
- Required only if you answered YES to one or more questions on the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire.
- If you answered YES to one or more questions you will be required to schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for TB testing and evaluation.
- This form is NOT required if you answered NO to all of the questions.
- Meningitis Information
- The State of New Jersey requires that students are aware of a potentially life-threatening disease called Meningococcal Meningitis. All graduate students are required to read the information concerning Meningitis and the information regarding an available vaccine.
- Meningococcal Disease for College Students (PDF)
- The Meningitis ACYW vaccine is required for any graduate student residing in the residence hall on campus.
Submitting Health Forms
- Register for the Healthy Broncs Portal
- Click “Register” at the top right corner
- When registering, please enter your username as the first part of your email (i.e. everything BEFORE the @rider.edu)
- You will receive an email in your Rider email inbox from [email protected] with a link that will allow you to create your own password
- When creating your password, it must be:
- at least 8 characters’ long
- contain numbers and letters
- contain upper and lowercase letters
- contain at least one special character
- If you need assistance, please contact the helpdesk at 609-219-3000 or [email protected]
- Students that have already registered for the portal do not need to register again.
- Student Health Center will provide you with detailed steps on how to complete your health requirements.
- Immunization Requirements: You will need to “upload the form” to the portal and “Enter Dates” Using the Rider Immunization form as a guide, manually type in the dates that you received the immunizations. If you are submitting laboratory immunity testing in place of vaccination dates, leave the spaces blank. When finished, click “Submit”. Both steps need to be completed in order to be compliant.
- When all steps have been completed, your records will be queued for review by the Health Center Staff. When this review is complete, a message will be sent to your Healthy Bronc Portal account. You will be informed if your requirements are complete or incomplete. Be sure to monitor your Portal account and Rider email account frequently.
A word about scanning documents for upload into Healthy Broncs Portal
If you do not have a scanner, scanning apps are available for download from the App Store on your smartphone (e.g. CamScanner-free version). Other options are your local public library (most have scanners for free use with a library membership-also free), and your local Staples store (fee charged). Do NOT fax, email or bring records to our office. They will NOT be reviewed and will further delay the clearing of your holds.
Health Insurance Requirements
All full-time students (9+ credits) are required to have comprehensive health insurance coverage. You must WAIVE or ENROLL in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) each academic year. Please visit our Student Health Insurance page for more information.