Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
|Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Quick Facts
National Founding: January 1, 1913 at Howard University, D.C.
Local Founding: December 8, 2002 as the Tau Kappa Chapter
Motto: “Intelligence is the torch of wisdom”
Philanthropic Cause: American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Campaign
National Organization: www.deltasigmatheta.org
Nickname: The Knock-Owt Chapter
Colors: Crimson and Creme
Flower: The Violet
2016 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Chapter Statistics
Overall Chapter Score- 141.37/178 - 79.4%
Click for detailed explanation of the standards process
Academic Achievement- 11/20 - 55%
- Members are currently holding programs to tutor struggling Rider University Athletes (Study with the Deltas).
Chapter Operations- 33/34 - 97%
- Chapter has goals focus on improving service, programs, leadership, and supporting other organizations.
Leadership Development- 19/30 - 63.3%
- Members belong to and are leaders in multiple organizations.
- The chapter has put an emphasis on community service.
Programming- 24/32 - 75%
- Chapter hosted a Voter awareness and education program called “#WhoSaidIt.”
- Entire chapter and alumni attended the AIDS Walk in Philadelphia.
Risk Reduction- 22/24 - 91.6%
- Members participated in risk reduction trainings at their regional/national conference.
House Management- 13/13 - 100%
- Membership is growing and there are currently 2 members living in University house for the academic year.
Presentation- 19.37/25 - 77.4%
2016 Chapter Academics
- Spring 2016 Chapter GPA - 2.58
- Spring 2016 New Member GPA - 2.85
- Fall 2016 Chapter GPA - 2.21
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Contact Information
Chapter President: Brittany Smith
Primary Advisor: Judy Samuels
House Manager: William Harmonay
- 2016 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2015 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2014 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2013 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0