Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Quick Facts
|National Founding||January 1, 1913 at Howard University, D.C.|
|Local Founding||December 8, 2002 as the Tau Kappa Chapter|
|Motto||“Intelligence is the torch of wisdom”|
|Philanthropic Cause||American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Campaign|
|Nickname||The Knock-Owt Chapter|
|Colors||Crimson and Creme|
2017 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Chapter Statistics
Overall Binder Score: 151/215 - 73%
View a detailed explanation of the standards process.
|Category||Academic Achievement||Chapter Operations||Leadership Development||Programming||Risk Reduction||House Management||Philanthropy & Service|
- Require all active members to maintain/have a 2.75 GPA.
- Chapter leadership has worked to implement Transition periods and membership/Eboard retreats.
- 3 Members are currently CPR and/or Lifeguard certified.
Philanthropy & Service
- Chapter worked closely with TASK (the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen).
- Chapter will turn their focus/goals to updating their constitution/bylaws and creating a better financial tracking system for the coming academic year.
- Chapter worked with the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen to hosted and make donations through their “wrapped to give back” program.
- At least two members have always lived in the chapter’s designated Greek spaces.
2017 Chapter Academics
|Spring 2017 Chapter GPA||Fall 2017 Chapter GPA||Spring 2017 New Member GPA||Fall 2017 New Member GPA|
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Contact Information
Chapter President: Amira Davis
Primary Advisor: Joan Ceasar/ Sheena Howard
Community Assistant: Bianca Rodriguez or Jasmin Harrell
|2017 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations||0|
|2016 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations||0|
|2015 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations||0|
|2014 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations||0|
|2013 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations||0|