Zeta Tau Alpha
Zeta Tau Alpha Quick Facts
National Founding: October 15, 1898 at Longwood University, VA
Local Founding: April 22, 1967 as the Zeta Lambda Chapter
Motto: “Seek the Noblest”
Philanthropic Cause: Breast Cancer Awareness, Research, and Education
National Organization: www.zetataualpha.org
Colors: Turquoise and Steel Grey
Flower: The White Violet
Symbol: The Five Pointed Crown and the Strawberry
Mascot: The Bunny
2016 Zeta Tau Alpha Chapter Statistics
Overall Chapter Score- 167.2/181 - 92.3%
Click for detailed explanation of the standards process
Academic Achievement- 17/20 - 85%
- Highest spring 2016 accumulative GPA at 3.33
- Incentivized academics by forming the Brain Bunny Board
- Mandated study hours and tutoring/study groups
Chapter Operations- 33/34 - 97%
- Chapter added Academics to Executive Board
- The chapter enjoy an educational program given by Phired UP in preparation for sorority recruitement.
Leadership Development- 32/33 - 96.9%
- NFL awareness day- 15 Seniors raised $1000 during a one day fundraising event in 2016
- Representatives at/in NGLA, RPC, Recruitment Counselor, SGA, and etc.
Programming- 29/32 - 90.6%
- Chapter Raised over $6,000 during Tricky Tray and had Karin Torchia as their guest speaker.
- Other Breast Cancer Awareness initiatives included Think Pink with the soccer team, Pies for Pink, Pink out Week, and Mr. Pink
Risk Reduction- 20/24 - 83.3%
- Executive board and nationals introduced the “My Sister My Responsibility” initiative and asked 3 questions to the chapter each week.
House Management- 13/13 - 100%
- The Sunshine Chair is a newly introduced executive board position and focuses on improving sisterhood.
- Sisterhood bonding trips included Sky Zone, Nassau Inn, and Speed dating events.
Presentation- 23.2/25 - 92.8%
2016 Chapter Academics
- Spring 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.37
- Fall 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.22
- Spring 2016 New Member GPA: 3.325
Zeta Tau Alpha Contact Information
Chapter President: Nicole Campagnola
Primary Advisor: Christine D'Elia
House Manager: Brionna Hawkins
- 2016 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2015 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2014 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2013 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 1
*Sanctions based on March 8, 2013 Alcohol Policy Violation- all complete
- Monetary Fine