Our commitment to planning, implementation and continuous improvement will ensure our vision for the future and our students’ success.
BENCHMARKS/KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Strengthened student outcomes as measured by NSSE results above average as compared to peers; six month job placement rates in the upper 90’s; increased retention rates (85% by 2022); and increased graduation rates (65% by 2022).
Strengthen student learning outcomes assessment across the University.
- Design and implement an “assessment as learning” strategy utilized by students, faculty and staff to continuously evaluate student success as it pertains to achievement of both the University Student Learning Outcomes and disciplinary outcomes. Encourage the use of capstone experiences and program portfolios to evidence student learning.
- Provide faculty development opportunities for designing and modifying courses, assignments and rubrics that also highlight best practices as they pertain to student learning and outcomes assessment.
- Work with faculty members to increase use of evidence-based pedagogical strategies to improve student success.
- Encourage increased communication and collaboration across disciplines and annually showcase successful examples of outcomes assessment and student learning. Encourage staff and faculty to audit/visit courses and attend faculty research presentations.
- Expand the use of existing technologies (e.g. Canvas, DegreeWorks, Bronc Nation) to support learning, instruction, advising and assessment.
- Strengthen student learning outcomes assessment within the Student Affairs division under the leadership of the reconstituted divisional assessment committee. Ensure that meaningful assessment is conducted throughout the division on an annual basis.
Establish a regular calendar for academic program review/competitor analysis and academic and student life prioritization to support curricular and co-curricular innovation and keep pace with advances in higher education, industry and the professions. Work closely with departments within each division to implement recommendations from these reviews.
Establish an organized mechanism by which to support annual assessment in administrative departments and support subsequent improvements.