2020-21 Academic Year
Rider's comprehensive COVID-19 planning and implementation work this academic year, reflected in the University’s Resolved and Ready Plan and this website, represents the work of approximately 70 administrators, faculty, staff and students who served on working groups dedicated to five key areas of campus operations: academics, facilities and public health, student experience, legal considerations and finance and enrollment.
Our ultimate goal has been to balance our primary concern for the safety of all campus constituents with our mission of providing a vibrant, living, learning on-campus experience for the students we serve.
Rider’s Resolved and Ready Plan was developed in compliance with Governor Murphy’s “The Road Back” plan as well as guidance from the NJ Department of Health, the NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its implementation also reflects close collaboration with the Lawrence Township Health Department.
As our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, all relevant policies and plans are updated as appropriate as additional information becomes available. Any changes are reflected on Rider’s Resolved and Ready website and will be communicated as appropriate.
Key considerations that guided Rider’s planning and implementation include:
- The University will adhere to all federal, state and local guidelines
- The University will establish a relationship with a healthcare system in the area for consultation purposes with an infectious disease specialist
- Policies and protocols for testing, screening and contact tracing will be established for the academic year
- The University will allow remote work and study to continue, to the extent possible, particularly for those faculty, staff and students with enhanced risk factors
- Sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE) will be made available for anyone who requires it; all community members must be expected to adhere to wearing disposable or cloth face coverings, particularly in classrooms, dining areas, exercise facilities, and meeting, event and office spaces, as is mandated by these guidelines
- Well-established cleaning and disinfecting plans will be in place
- The University will clearly define social distancing expectations for all campus activities (e.g., classrooms, dining, residency, extracurriculars) and include facilities modifications, where appropriate
- The University will clearly and regularly communicate plans and policies to the entire campus community
Download and read Rider University's Fall 2020 Restart Plan (PDF) submitted to the New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education (NJ OSHE) in fall 2020.*
*Please note, this plan does not reflect the most current information regarding Rider’s COVID-19 implementation. Information contained within this report has changed since its submission. Refer to information contained on the Resolved and Ready website for the most up to date information.
Questions or feedback? Contact us.