Holiday Calendar 2019-2020
The following holidays will be observed during the 2019–2020 academic year:
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2019
- Day Before Thanksgiving - Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 29, 2019
- Day Before Christmas Eve - Monday, December 23, 2019
- Christmas Eve - Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- New Year’s Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Spring Holiday - Friday, March 20, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 2, 2020
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Floating Holiday: Non-faculty employees who are employed by the University on July 1 will receive two floating holidays (nurses receive one). New hire non-faculty employees hired between July 1 and December 31 will receive two floating holidays, except nurses who will receive one. New hire non-faculty employees hired between January 1 and May 30 will receive one floating holiday. New hire non-faculty employees hired during the month of June will not receive a floating holiday for that fiscal year. The use of floating holidays requires supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Summer Close: The summer flex schedule will begin on Monday, May 20, 2019 and run through Friday, August 16, 2019. For additional information, please view the summer Flextime and Dress-Down Policy.
Winter Close: From Thursday, December 26, 2019 through Tuesday, December 31, 2019, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will re-open on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Winter Reduced Work Schedule: During the inter-session period that runs from December 18, 2019, through January 17, 2020, we will follow a reduced work schedule. During this period, the Monday through Thursday workday hours will be 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am to noon. Please note that certain important activities will continue during this period. Any departments unable to fully accommodate this reduced workweek schedule will be encouraged to make comparable alternate arrangements.