Holiday Calendar 2018–2019
The following holidays will be observed during the 2018–2019 academic year:
- Labor Day Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22, 2018
The University has authorized closing at noon on Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- Day after Thanksgiving Friday, November 23, 2018
- Christmas Holiday Monday, December 24, 2018
- Christmas Day Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- New Year’s Day Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Martin Luther King Day Monday, January 21, 2019
- Spring Holiday Friday, March 22, 2019
- Memorial Day Monday, May 27, 2019
- Independence Day Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Day after Independence Day Friday July 5, 2019
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Holiday Early Closings: University policy requires that all offices are to remain open and staffed until closing on the day before Thanksgiving.
Floating Holiday: Non-faculty employees who are employed by the University on July 1 will receive two floating holidays (nurses receive one). New hire non-faculty employees hired between July 1 and December 31 will receive two floating holidays, except nurses who will receive one. New hire non-faculty employees hired between January 1 and May 30 will receive one floating holiday. New hire non-faculty employees hired during the month of June will not receive a floating holiday for that fiscal year. Floating holidays require supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Winter Close: From Wednesday, December 26, 2018 through Monday, December 31, 2018, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will reopen on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.