Rider Safe Rides
Sponsored by the Transportation Office in collaboration with the Rider University Public Safety, Safe Rides is designed to aid students returning to campus safely.
Provider: The Safe Rides program is provided through the ride-share service, Lyft. We encourage all students to have the app installed prior to calling for a Safe Ride to ensure a smoother process.
- Complete the online waiver. The waiver can be found in the Rider App, MyRider Quick Links, or by following this link.
- Download the Lyft App on your mobile phone and activate your account.
When you need a Safe Ride
- Have your Bronc ID ready.
- Call Public Safety at 609-896-5029.
- The Public Safety Officer will provide you with a Lyft code via text message.
- Access your Lyft app to redeem your code.
- Return safely to campus!
Safe Rides Program Parameters
- Current Rider students are allowed two Safe Rides uses per semester.
- Rides are limited to a 10-mile radius from either the Lawrenceville or Princeton campus, and the ride must return to either campus.
- Students will be dropped off at the Public Safety Office and are required to check in with Public Safety.
- Each ride code will cover up to $20 worth of ride credit.
- Rides are available Thursday – Saturday from 10pm until 6am.
- Additional tips or fees paid to a driver will be charged to the personal credit card registered to the student’s Lyft account.
- Students are to abide by Rider University’s Code of Conduct for the duration of their ride.
How to Request a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle: Within the Lyft app, go to Settings, and then Services to select Access mode. You will receive an in-app notification with instructions to dial a dedicated phone number for dispatching accessible vehicles.
KEEP YOUR SAFE RIDE SAFE!
- Match the license plate, make, model and color of the vehicle to the same in your ride share app.
- Match your driver with the photo in your ride share app.
- Confirm the driver’s name.
- Ask the driver "WHAT'S MY NAME?”
- If any of the information doesn’t match up, DO NOT get into the vehicle!
Contact: For questions regarding the Safe Rides program, please contact the Transportation Office at 609-896-7151 or by email at [email protected].