Experience Westminster: Sacred Music and Organ
Experience what it's like to be a student for a day. More than just a typical tour, the Westminster Experience offers prospective students the opportunity to explore what it's like to be a part of the Westminster community.
The day will include these opportunities:
- Westminster Chapel Choir Rehearsal, led by Professor Tom Shelton
- Sacred Sounds Class, taught by Dr. Steve Pilkington
- Conducting Class, taught by Professor Shelton
- Tour of Westminster’s organs with Dr. Douglas Helvering and Graduate Student Michael Ryan
- Handbell Workshop (ringing techniques and repertoire), led by Kathy Ebling Shaw
- Interactive ‘Pilgrimage through Holy Week’ meditation sites around campus with Westminster Sacred Music Students
- Dinner with Westminster Students
- Sacred Music Lab with guest speaker Mark Miller, including a short worship service led by Westminster Students, overseen and led by Professor Tom Shelton.
Assistant Professor of Church Music at Drew Theological School, Lecturer in the Practice of Sacred Music at Yale University, and is the Minister of Music at Christ Church in Summit, NJ., Mr. Miller will focus on Social Justice.
Not able to attend a Westminster Experience student-for-a-day event? Schedule a campus tour!
No event occurrences found.