W.I.T.S. - Certified Personal Trainer Course
Certified Personal Trainer Informational Webinars
This webinar is geared for students interested in taking the Certified Personal Trainer Course Program. Hosted by a veteran W.I.T.S. instructor, prospective students will gain an understanding of the program curriculum and the fitness industry.
Cost and Course Registration
Registration deadline: August 7, 2019
View More Information
Certified Personal Trainer Course Overview
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career and become a nationally Certified Personal Trainer. Our personal trainer course is a great way to become a successful Certified Personal Trainer with an option to complete an employer internship that can walk you into jobs! This challenging course will hold LIVE lectures with a veteran W.I.T.S. instructor and LIVE in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the essential career skills & knowledge.
The course consists of:
15 hours of lecture on key topics like:
- exercise physiology
- fitness testing
- equipment usage
- health assessment
15 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role-playing drills on:
- assessing clients
- performing proper exercises
- presentation skills
Included in this course is:
- a complete 200-page student workbook
- access to online student study tools
- test vouchers to take the Certified Personal Trainer exams
You can work right after passing the exams with proof of CPR/AED to obtain your Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer. As a special bonus, you can take advantage of our 30-hour employer internship to get our advanced Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer credential at no additional cost!!
*Students are required to purchase a textbook prior to the first day of class.
Contact W.I.T.S at 1-888-330-9487 or www.witseducation.com to order your book. The Fitness Professional's Handbook-7th Edition with Web Resource ISBN-13: 9781492523376 is currently available for purchase from W.I.T.S at $89.95 including shipping. An e-book is also available for purchase through W.I.T.S at $53.00: ISBN-13: 9781492535935. The publisher is Human Kinetics. Or you may order the text: Fitness Professional’s Handbook, 7th Edition with web resources (ISBN-13: 9781492523376) online at Amazon.com.
This program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the gold standard for certification programs and W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and the American Council on Education (ACE) has recommended 3 undergraduate academic credits for this course.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Proof of current CPR (for issuance of certificate)
- Attendance at 4 of the 5 weeks of the course
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship
- Class Prerequisite: Must be at least 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Course Dates and Times
University Athletic Management (UAM)/Rider University
- Lecture & Practical
Held on the following Saturdays: August 17, 24, September 7, 14, and 21, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Rider University Schimek Family Fitness Center
No class 8/31 (Labor Day Weekend) or 9/28 (Study Week)
- No admittance into the SRC unless attending the practical course, SRC memberships are available for purchase, please email [email protected] for more information
- Certification Exams: Saturday, 10/5/19