Submitting Materials Online
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PRIOR TO UPLOADING YOUR MATERIALS
To facilitate the submission of recorded auditions we offer a service that will allow you to upload recordings and/or digital materials directly to us. Please see below for specific instructions on what materials to upload using the link received in your Rider Application Confirmation email.***
***Please note that all memory requirements must be honored in recorded auditions
Upload These Materials
View instructions for:
- Westminster Choir College Voice, Piano and Organ Studies
- School of Fine and Performing Arts Majors
- Choral Conducting Pre-Screening
- Westminster Choir College Composition Majors
- Westminster Choir College Masters of Voice Pedagogy Majors
- Westminster Choir College Graduate Music Education Majors
|School of Fine and Performing Arts Majors|
All majors must submit a video recording.
Please submit the following:
BFA MUSICAL THEATRE: Voice and BA THEATRE: MUSICAL THEATRE
All applicants must submit the pre-screening recording digitally using the link from your Rider Application Confirmation email.
Students should prepare 2-contrasing pieces:
OPTIONAL BALLET UPLOAD
OPTIONAL WILD CARD
Bachelor of Music - MUSICAL THEATRE - Piano
Applicants to the B.M. in Musical Theatre are STRONGLY encouraged to audtion on campus.
Prepare three contrasting songs in popular styles (jazz, pop, rock, R&B, etc.) and perform from memory.
All selections must be accompanied. Use either pre-recorded tracks, accompany yourself, or provide sheet music in your key for the accompanist.
Please be sure that your selections also adhere to the following criteria:
1. An up-tempo selection (1/4 note = 130 bpm or faster)
2. A ballad (1/4 note = 90 bpm or slower)
3. One song of your choice (any style or genre including original compositions)
Auditions will also consist of brief music literacy and aural skills exercises.
Submit a digital portfolio of your songs. This should include materials such as recordings, compositions, lyric and/or chord sheet, and any other materials you feel would enhance your candidacy. This portfolio will help to inform your interview with a member of the Popular Music faculty.
|Westminster Choir College Composition Majors|