News & Media Academy: Picking the President
July 5 - 11, 2020
UPDATE: Based on ongoing state and federal recommendations to reduce the spread of coronavirus, Rider University announced that all Summer courses would move to remote or alternative instruction. Due to the on-campus resources, equipment, and/or minimum software requirements for this program, we are unable to offer this course remotely. We very much hope to see you next year.
Rider University’s News & Media Academy: Picking the President introduces High School students to a comprehensive, behind-the-scenes experience in the news broadcasting and journalism arena. Students are immersed into learning all facets of communications and media for their professional goals, from interviewing skills, traits of journalism to fast-action photography and much more!
- Gain industry insight from a number of featured guests and Rider Alumni currently working in the news and broadcasting industry
- Experience on-location and news desk reporting, conduct on-camera interviews and engage in press conference simulations with local politicians
- Hands-on projects include: political writing, capturing video and building a real-time social media presence
- Create a professional reel of work creating within tight news deadlines
- Tour Rider’s state-of-the-art TV Studio, Award-Winning Radio Station-107.7 The Bronc and interactive digital media labs
- Tour local government offices
- Explore a majors in Communications and Journalism and discuss career opportunities
- Preview college living and prepare for undergraduate life. Stay in a college dorm and participate in campus activities.
Faculty and Instructors
A.J. Moore - Camp Director, Associate Professor of Journalism
Jackie Incollingo - Assistant Professor of Communication, Former reporter for Philadelphia Inquirer
Scott Alboum - Video Technologies Coordinator
John Mozes - General Manager - 107.7 The Bronc, Current Sportscaster
*includes room and board
$995 • Enrichment Program
Rider University's pre-college enrichment programs are structured to introduce students to a full college campus experience. From rigorous coursework, access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to on-campus housing and activities, students will explore college life at Rider University. Enrichment programs are non-credit bearing, however regular attendance and completed assignments are expected. Students are evaluated by the same academic standards and procedures as Rider University undergraduates.