Based on ongoing state and federal recommendations to reduce the spread of coronavirus, Rider University announced that all Summer courses would move to remote or alternative instruction. Due to the on-campus resources, equipment, and/or minimum software requirements for this program, we are unable to offer this course remotely. We very much hope to see you next year.
Real to Reel: Camera Acting and Filmmaking Academy
July 12-18, 2020
A 360-degree vantage point of how you can best capture your talent on film. Discover the expectations of on-camera acting while acquiring the essential background knowledge from behind the lens. Create and produce a showreel of your work. Students receive professional training by working with and learning from Rider's renowned, distinguished faculty and award-winning guest artists.
- Understand the dramatic nuances needed for film acting and video production
- Train in:
- Text Work - grasp prose and verse
- Movement - broaden your expressive stage presence
- Voice and Speech - polish your diction, enunciation, and articulation
- Use of state of the art facilities and production equipment
- Master classes in Film and TV disciplines
- Trent Blanton, Associate Professor of Theater in Westminster College of the Arts of Rider University
- Scott Alboum, Video Technologies Coordinator, Communication & Journalism
- Jay Stern, Assistant Professor, Communication & Journalism
$995 (includes room and board)
Students who attend a summer program will automatically qualify for a renewable scholarship to go towards attendance at Rider University. For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at or [email protected].
This is a pre-college residential program on Rider University’s Lawrenceville campus. Enrollment is open to high school students entering the 10th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited; applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis; and acceptance is based on available space.